No. In summer 2014, Kazakhstan enacted a visa-free regime for 10 countries, including the U.S., which allows 15 day stays in Kazakhstan visa-free. The regime was so successful that it has been extended until December 31, 2017. There are 5-year business visas available for stays necessitating a longer stay than 15 days. For more information please visit the Embassy of Kazakhstan’s Consular & Visa Section.
There are numerous advantages to joining the Association. Membership provides:
- Opportunities to engage with U.S. and Kazakhstani government officials, the chance to draw upon the wisdom of U.S. companies who have established good, long-lasting relationships with Kazakhstan;
- Access to the Association’s news and analysis, Members-Only Events and the Members-Only Section of our website, and various networking opportunities are all benefits to joining the Association;
- With growth in membership comes greater influence in Washington and Astana to advance the interests of American investors; and
- While it is difficult to quantify the true benefits of being a part of a collective voice as opposed to being a lone one, but experience has made it clear that companies in the Association have benefited tremendously from their membership.
Benefactor level Corporate Members gain a seat on the Board, which makes important decisions about the Association’s future. In addition:
- The Board sets the agenda, provides guidance, and ultimately adds significant weight to the Association’s words, actions, and activities.
- Board members get insider views of breaking developments in Washington and Kazakhstan that other levels of membership do not.
- Access to close-hold interpretive commentary is another special privilege of Board membership.
Yes, individuals may join the USKZBA, but not as a substitute for corporate membership. Usually, academics and retired professionals are considered for membership in this category.
Yes! Internships with the USKZBA offer a unique opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced, interesting environment. USKZBA interns have the opportunity to interact directly with members of the U.S. business community, learn about their goals and operations in Kazakhstan, and will gain in-depth knowledge of how business associations support their members. The recruitment notice can be accessed here. Please submit any inquiries to email@example.com.
At this time there are is no availability for full-time employment. As the USKZBA continues to grow, we hope to also grow the team and will update this section when there is an opportunity. Please, no phone calls about employment.