No. In summer 2014, Kazakhstan enacted a visa-free regime for 10 countries, including the U.S., which allows 15 day stays in Kazakhstan visa-free. The regime was so successful that it has been extended until December 31, 2017. There are 5-year business visas available for stays necessitating a longer stay than 15 days. For more information please visit the Embassy of Kazakhstan’s Consular & Visa Section.
There are numerous advantages to joining the Association. Membership provides:
- Opportunities to engage with U.S. and Kazakhstani government officials, the chance to draw upon the wisdom of U.S. companies who have established good, long-lasting relationships with Kazakhstan;
- Access to the Association’s news and analysis, Members-Only Events and the Members-Only Section of our website, and various networking opportunities are all benefits to joining the Association;
- With growth in membership comes greater influence in Washington and Astana to advance the interests of American investors; and
- While it is difficult to quantify the true benefits of being a part of a collective voice as opposed to being a lone one, but experience has made it clear that companies in the Association have benefited tremendously from their membership.
Benefactor level Corporate Members gain a seat on the Board, which makes important decisions about the Association’s future. In addition:
- The Board sets the agenda, provides guidance, and ultimately adds significant weight to the Association’s words, actions, and activities.
- Board members get insider views of breaking developments in Washington and Kazakhstan that other levels of membership do not.
- Access to close-hold interpretive commentary is another special privilege of Board membership.
Yes, individuals may join the USKZBA, but not as a substitute for corporate membership. Usually, academics and retired professionals are considered for membership in this category.
Yes! Internships with the USKZBA offer a unique opportunity to gain experience in a fast-paced, interesting environment. USKZBA interns have the opportunity to interact directly with members of the U.S. business community, learn about their goals and operations in Kazakhstan, and will gain in-depth knowledge of how business associations support their members. The recruitment notice can be accessed here. Please submit any inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, there are no openings for full-time employment with the USKZBA. If you would like to send a resume to us, we would be happy to keep one on file should our present needs change or if our members express interest. Please, no phone calls about employment.