Q: What advantage does my company gain from joining the Association?
A: There are numerous advantages to joining the Association. Membership provides:
- Access to U.S. and Kazakhstani government officials, the chance to draw upon the wisdom of U.S. companies who have established good, long-lasting relationships with Kazakhstan
- Access to the Associationís news and analysis, Members-Only Events and the Members-Only Section of our website, and various networking opportunities are all benefits to joining the Association.
- Over time, as more members join, the range and scope of activities is expected to increase.
- With growth in membership comes greater influence in Washington and Astana to advance the interests of American investors.
- Lastly, it is difficult to quantify the true benefits of being a part of a collective voice as opposed to being a lone one, but experience has made it very clear that companies in the Association have benefited tremendously from their membership.
Q: What are the advantages of membership at the Benefactor Level?
A: Benefactors gain a seat on the Board, which makes important decisions about the Associationís future. In addition:
- The Board sets the agenda, provides guidance, and ultimately adds significant weight to the Associationís words, actions, and activities.
- Board members get insider views of breaking developments in Washington and Kazakhstan that other levels of membership do not.
- Access to close-hold interpretive commentary is another special privilege of Board membership.
Q: Are individuals allowed to join?
A: Yes, individuals may join the USKBA, but not as a substitute for corporate membership. Usually, academics and retired professionals are considered for membership in this category.
Q: Where are events generally held?
A: Events have usually been held in Washington, although the Association is committed to expand the scope of its activities beyond the Washington, D.C. area to other parts of the U.S. We will post these opportunities on the web as they arise.
Q: Can I be placed on an email list to receive notification of USKBA events that are open to the public, even without becoming a member?
A: Certainly. Please indicate which sectors/subjects interest you, and we will notify you when such an opportunity arises.
Q: Are there any job openings at the USKBA at this time? What about internships?
A: At this time, there are no openings for full-time employment or opportunities for internships. If you would like to send a resume to us, we would be happy to keep one on file should our present needs change or if our members express interest. Please, no faxes or phone calls about employment.
want your input about this site, so please take the time to fill
out this brief survey.